Children too go through psychological issues and behavioral disorders like adults but the symptoms portrayed by children can be different from that of adults. Most children are naughty, impulsive , demand pampering, throw tantrums and can be adamant…this is normal.. However some children can be very different compared to their peer. They can pose challenging behaviors which can initially be difficult for parents to comprehend and deal with..
Some behavioral disorders and mental conditions which children experience are –
- Attention deficiency – restlessness, fidgeting
- Attention seeking
- Easily irritated or angered
- Frequent tantrums
- Tendency to use drugs/cigarettes at a very early age
- Tendency to steal
- Blaming others
- Mood swings
- Low self esteem
- Sadistic behavior
- Speaking lies constantly
- Violent behavior
Treatment is usually multi-faceted depending on the disorder and the factors contributing. Meeting with parents to understand the specific behaviors and challenges posed.
- Parents are educated on communication and coping skills
- Meeting with teachers on modus operandi for dealing with the children so that others are not influenced
- Work on self-esteem and confidence of the child
- Introduction of social skills to boost the childs morale
- Relaxation techniques are initiated
- Encourage the child to develop a hobby or play a sport to channelize energies.
Praveen Saanker as a Parent himself and Life coach with past experiences of dealing with challenging students /children and teenagers, patiently and playfully attends to the children enabling them to come out of their shells , redesign, remodel their thought patterns , behaviours and make a promising change.
Call us for assistance : http://tatvamasi.co/child_issues.html